If you initially created a personal Apple developer account and would like to switch it to a professional, organization account, this is the perfect article to help you out! It only takes a few simple steps to convert your account!
You must sign up as an organization if your company is registered, such as Corporation (Corp. or Inc.), Limited Liability Company (LLC, LC, Ltd., Co.), or a legal entity (GmbH, AG, KG, oHg). Some of the benefits to using an organization account are:
- You can choose the developer name that will be displayed on the App Store, and you can have this name be matched with your company name
- Apple will know that the account is authorized to work for the company, and therefore it will not challenge your use of brand name and content
- And, of course, you can invite developers like JCurve to access your account
App publishing process for JCurve is much easier when it's being done under a business account, as Apple has much stricter access protocol for a personal developer account. So we strongly recommends all of our shop owners to switch into a business account, if possible.
1. Sign in to your Apple developer account and go to your account dashboard > click on the "Membership" button at the left side menu.
2. Click on "Need to edit this information?" at the bottom right corner.
3. Read through the message when the pop-up window shows up, and click on "Provide your updated information."
4. Go through the form and enter all the necessary information. Click the send button.
You are done with the change request! Apple may contact you to verify any of the changed information, and they will notify you when the change is complete. Don't forget to notify us when you have switched onto the organization account 👍!