If you initially created a personal Apple developer account and would like to transfer it to a professional organization account, this is the perfect article to help you out! It only takes a few simple steps to transfer your account!
You must sign up as an organization if your company is registered, such as Corporation (Corp. or Inc.), Limited Liability Company (LLC, LC, Ltd., Co.), or a legal entity (GmbH, AG, KG, oHg). Some of the benefits to using an organization account include:
- Choosing a consistent developer name that will match the company title
- Apple will know that the account is authorized to work for the company, and therefore it will not challenge your use of brand name and content
- And, of course, you can invite developers like JCurve to access your account
App publishing process for JCurve is much easier when it is published under a business account, as Apple has a much stricter access protocol for a personal developer account. So we strongly recommend all of our shop owners to make this switch to a business account, if possible.
1. Sign in to your Apple developer account and go to your account dashboard. Click on the "Membership" button at the left side menu.
2. Click on "Need to edit this information?" at the bottom right corner.
3. Read through the message when the pop-up window shows up, and click on "Provide your updated information."
4. Read through the form and enter the necessary information. Click the send button.
You are done with the change request! Apple may contact you to verify any of the changed information, and they will notify you when the change is complete. Don't forget to notify us once you have transferred to the organization account! 👍